30 HOUR – DOG AND KNIFE TOURNAMENT
NOVEMBER 12-13, 2016
- Longest Stringer – 90% of entry fees + 4 buckles
- Minimum Size Hog to count in tournament = 50 lbs. (gutted weight)
- anything smaller than 50 lbs. will be bought but not counted towards tournament stringer
- 90% Payout (except cost of buckles will be deducted from total entries)
- HOGS WILL ALSO BE PURCHASED FOR $0.30/LB
- 4 man teams, with 2 helpers allowed; you can only be a member of ONE team
- Must be registered by November 11th at 6pm
- Hunting hours for tournament:
- 6AM November 12 – 12PM November 13; must be at the plant for weigh-in by 2PM on November 13th
- Weigh-in location: 1005 NW Fourth Street, Hubbard, TX 76648
- HOGS MUST BE GUTTED BUT WITH THE HEART, LUNGS, AND LIVER ATTACHED (https://wildboarmeats.com/heart-lungs-and-liver-remain-on-carcass/)
- During the hunt, the hog must be caught by a dog prior to human handling and must not be roped, run over, or trapped first
- Dog and Knife teams are able to catch the hog alive for holding until check-in, if desired, but must be presented in field-dressed, eatable condition at the time of check-in, and the hog MUST NOT BE SHOT.
- This contest is open to all legal hunters utilizing dogs for the purpose of harvesting feral hogs while hunting in Texas.
- Team members must hunt together with one pack of dogs at a time. If a team member is not able to continue the hunt, substitutions cannot be made.
- If, when hunting, the hogs and dogs split resulting in multiple bays, hunters are allowed to split up to harvest the wild hogs but must regroup as soon as possible to resume the hunt as one pack.
- Team members and helpers are the only people permitted to actively participate in the hunt. When hunting a ranch, if necessary, the landowner is the only other person allowed to accompany the team.
- For the purposes of this hunt, hogs are defined to be feral, free-ranging, wild hogs which have not been previously held, trapped, pen raised, and released for the purposes of being hunted in this contest.
- An official time keeper/end of line Judge will determine the close of check-in.
- No hogs arriving after close of check-in will be considered for the contest regardless of excuse, calling ahead, or any other unforeseeable circumstance. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- The Team Captain and the other 3 teammates must be present at check-in.
- Any contestant found to be cheating, attempting to cheat, or in violation of any Texas Game Law will cause the disqualification of the entire team and forfeiture of any and all entry fees. The perpetrator and/or team may also be banned from future contests.
- ALL HOGS MUST BE IN EATABLE CONDITION to count. Meaning kept cold we do not want rotten hogs. Do the best you can to keep them on ice or cold.
- Anyone behaving in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner will be asked to leave.
- Once the final decision of the contest officials is made, the decision stands.
- BARR hogs will be accepted
- Hogs will need to be dry and not soaking wet at time of weight; submerging hogs in water will result of disqualification.
- NO HELICOPTERS, DRONES, NIGHT VISION, THERMAL DEVICES, GAME CAMERAS, and ANY OTHER WAY YOU THINK MIGHT BE CHEATING will NOT be allowed in this hunt in any way.
- ANY HOG IN QUESTION WILL BE VOTED ON FROM EACH TEAM CAPTAIN IF THERE IS ANY QUESTION IT WAS NOT DOG CAUGHT. THE VOTE WILL BE THE DETERMINING FACTOR.
REGISTRATION FORM print this form and mail check (or pay with PayPal below) to Wild Boar Meat Company, 1005 NW Fourth Street, Hubbard, Texas 76648 (make checks payable to “Wild Boar Meat Company”)
PAY WITH PAYPAL HERE: